* For last few months, we are facing the issue of cockroaches at home. They started with Kitchen and expanded their Kingdom to other rooms quite easily. Initially we had ignored them when their number was less and they got into exponential growth with in no time.
* As our son is just 2 years old, roaming around the house, some times falling down and picking things directly from floor. How much ever careful we were, we had the apprehensions that he might be exposed to the mess the cockroaches are capable of. At the same time we were hesitant to use Cockroach killing powders, chalk as they are poisonous and can get easily contaminated with food and it would be very difficult to put Children away from them. So we had tried the manual approach of using broom stick and slippers to attack them and clear as many as we could, but soon realized that they’ve in fact become a big battalion to combat with.
* Suggestions from friends:
– They would be very few in number, although they might appear to be many. In our case, after lot of research, we got confirmed that this theory was incorrect. In fact it was contrary. They were very large in number than expected.
– Apply Hit spray at one place on the floor and all the cockroaches would come there and die. Although we had mixed reactions to this, we didn’t dare to try this.
* After googling, we tried the so-called home remedy: Soda Powder. We applied it on Cabbage leaves and kept at various places. For few days observed that Cockroaches didn’t go towards the Soda Powder but later on noticed that the cockroaches were quite happy, to be moving around the powder as well.
* With my research on Home Cockroaches, I could observe few things that they do have brains. They all come out at nights and roam freely in darkness. The bigger cockroaches which lay eggs are super smart and it’s quite tough to clear them out, while the tender ones are easy wins. By implementing the main suggestion of cutting their food source, we observed that in some occasions we were cutting ours as well 🙁
* I didn’t allow my family members to use Boric Acid, chalk or Hit spray, giving the same reason of the Kid in-house.
* As we got to know about Hit Anti Roach GEL through TV Ads, one day observed it in Super Market and wanted to try it. Immediately checked if its hazardous to children or not and noticed that it was also poisonous. My dilemma continued but it seemed to be better than the other alternatives. With no other options, I had tried it as mentioned, with even more care and placed it at the interior walls of the kitchen, the walls around the gas cylinder, the cupboard above chimney etc. Next few days noticed that the gel was quite effective and many bigger cockroaches were killed.
* The GEL is packaged in a different and interesting way. It has a piston to push, also similar to a big injection: When pushed, a designed quantity comes out. In addition to the cockroaches which were lying around the applied area, we could also notice some dead cockroaches or about to die ones in other places, proving the point that the infected ones, spread the gel.
Now their number seems to be in control and we are trying our best to wipe them off completely.