I have been looking for a decent Salsa Dancing Club in Singapore since I moved here. I searched quite a bit on the internet and figured out NTUC Club called Union Square Club plays Salsa Music all days in a week. Let me share my review on the club.
What are the Good Things about Union Square Salsa Club in Singapore ?
- It has really nice ambiance inside the club, the way the club is designed internally, the bar counter… The decor is good, the tables are placed nicely.
- The dance floor is really nice, very clean wood and wonderful for your dance shoes.
- The air condition is also great, it will not make you sweat too much.
- They make good Mojitos, I would say Good cocktails.
- They have a nice stage for the band to play live music.
- There is a live band on every day, except Sunday.
- Usually, there is a cover charge for the club entry on week days and weekends. It is around $20 to $22 SGD for non-NTUC Members and about $5 SGD less for NTUC members. The good part is that, it includes two drinks ! You can get a cocktail for it as well.
- There are options to have a separate table, if you buy bottle as well.
- You get good food as well, that’s really a bonus. I like the pizza here.
- The music system is good as well, you will enjoy the music.
- They have a beginner lesson on Tuesday at 9 PM. To get free entry, you need to do reservation before.
How to get to the Union Square Club in Singapore ?
The club is on the 5th floor, next to Amara Hotel. You can take the Green Line in MRT, get down at Tanjong Pagar and walk, it is very close. Just exit towards the Tanjong Pagar Road and you can find it close to that.
- Address : 100 Tras Street #05-02 Singapore 079027
- Tel: (65) 6224 6116 Fax: (65) 6224 1661
- Operating Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 10am – 1am Friday, Saturday & Eve of Public Holiday: 10am – 3am
What can be improved in the Union Square Club ?
- The current band ( RITMO Caliante ) that plays Salsa Music is really bad. I did not like it at all. The management should consider changing the band. They are ruining the good club. I heard that more people use to come before and after this band, they stopped coming…
- The bathrooms can be changed a little bit, they are not the best
- The service is decent, but can be definitely better… Also, it is very hard to find the club due to the club elevator position…Some good sign board should help as well.
I think it is a great Salsa Dancing club in Singapore. You will definitely enjoy the music and the club. You should check it out.
Have you been there ? What are your thoughts ?