It is quite amazing how the taxi business has changed in Malaysia in the last few years. I still remember my experience in KL ( Kuala Lumpur ) few years ago, where I was stuck waiting at Sime Darby office for taxi, finally ended up downloading and using MyTeksi App ( now called Grab Taxi) and got a ride using that App. Now we have more choices, Uber has taken Malaysia by a storm by providing the service umatched by normal taxis or MyTeksi/Grab Taxi. I have been traveling all over Malaysia and used Uber in KL, Johor Bahru and other suburbs. Let me share my Uber Malaysia Review.
Whats so Good about Uber taxi in Malaysia ?
As many of you know, the regular taxi drivers can be very tricky to deal with. Many of them have broken meters, they do not have paper in their taxi meters, they tend to bargain a lot..not all of the taxi cars are clean…If you are new to Malaysia, it is very likely that you can get cheated…So, what has Uber done ? Uber has taken the experience to a next level. What makes Uber most attractive for every day riders, business travelers and tourists ? I believe these below things make Uber Taxi service the best service for anyone.
- You get to understand the fare by estimating it ahead of time, gives you an idea. You will NOT be cheated by bargaining.
- One key thing that I have noticed is that Uber taxi fare is slightly cheaper than Grab Taxi or Normal Taxis.
- Uber has cut down Uber Black Prices that ride from Airport to help many use the service. It is great option !
- Uber also has the fare split option, if two of your friends are using it for a ride, you can split the fare quite easily.
- Most of the cars are maintained clean. Unlike taxis, the odds of having a bad car with bad smell are less…
- The drivers are trained to have better customer service…they have decent communication skills and can have a conversation with you.
- Depending on the car, you would have bottle water as well, which is nice !
- The Uber receipt tells you exactly which route the driver has taken and shows you the exact cost of the same by splitting the fare in sections. Very important to understand. If you have any issue and feel that the driver cheated you, you can raised to customer support and they will refund you, if they have taken wrong route !
- The experience of Uber is same in different cities. Let me tell you, I was stuck in Johor Bahru on a high way, when I visited the Glass temple. I was waving at taxis, no one stopped. I opened Uber App and luckily found out that they had cars, Uber rescued me. I have used Uber in KL, Johor Bahru and many suburbs, the experience has been seamless and quite impressive.
What can be improved by Uber in Malaysia ?
My experience and many of my friends ( as they say) experience has been great. We all wait for Uber. But, what is frustrating is not to have enough Uber Cars on the road around KL, Bangsar, and many popular areas. Would be great, if they add more cars. Also, the prices of Uber can get high during peak hours, they have something called demand based pricing and shows a small arrow during peak demand…So, beware of that.
Use our Uber Malaysia Promo Code satheeshk2102ue
to get free ride of 30 to 40 RM on your first ride. Try it !
What has been your experience using Uber in Malaysia ? Share your thoughts and tips..