I first heard from Beam Cable some time in 2004 when they were aggressively marketing it as a new age revolution in broadband Internet service using Optical Fiber. From then owing to the limitations in the area coverage I couldn’t try their service and so chanced upon Reliance Broadband and a Local Service Provider before.
Reliance Broadband was very good but as I had to shift my location had to quit it. In the new area there were no players and had to depend on Local provider who gave me many nightmares. Finally I had to shift once again and this time luckily had Beam cable and Airtel coverage.
Many of my colleagues were using Airtel and were pretty satisfied with it but I wanted to try out Beam Cable for its tempting speed. The installation was smooth as the response time from the Beam Cable was decent enough. I took this connection in 2009 and from then onwards my feeling over Bream Cable/ Beam Fiber has been dillydallying but I’ve stayed with them.
– Obviously speed. Beam Cable continues to dazzle its customers with amazing internet speeds. With in a very short span, my plans got upgraded from 512 Mbps to 1 Mbps and then to 2 Mbps and I was awestruck when they upgraded to 10 Mbps from 2Mbps just like that and for free !!! All these upgrades were done by them very quickly and with no extra charge. Looks like they always want to surprise the customers.
Now I get about 1 Mbps download speed which I never dreamt also. Now I need not wait for buffering in video streaming sites.
– Offering Internet with just a LAN cable plugged to your Ethernet card. With the days of Modem and many device installations in place, the installation of Beam Cable is very smooth. The simple plug and play system is really handy.
– If there is an outage, they promptly send SMS informing the same.
– Customer service is the biggest problem with Beam Cable. Once in a month or two I keep getting Network Cable Unplugged error. Filing the complaint itself is a very big task . We will be asked to wait for a very long time over phone as the Incoming call rate for Beam Cable is very high. I noted the time also in many occasions and it went up to 5 mins sometimes. This is really frustrating. But the only encouraging part is, once you are successful in filing the complaint, they are good in resolving the issue as soon as possible.
– Many of my friends who use Beam Cable have complained about one common problem. If you are Beam Cable customer and have shifted your location then shifting your Internet connection would be a nightmare. Many people struggled like hell to get the Beam Cable connection in the new location under the same account.
It is hard for anyone to beat Beam Fiber in speed. 10 Mbps for Rs 1000/- !!! Can’t ask for more. But on support they’ve to definitely catch up. Airtel is best on support but charge Rs 1000/- for 2 Mbps. So infact a tough decision to make between the two. A tough competition is going between Beam Fiber and Airtel, the former trying to prove on customer service and the latter on speed.