How we got introduced:
We are Non-Vegetarians with the exception that on Saturdays we are strict vegetarians. When we go out for shopping followed by lunch/dinner, if it happens to be a Saturday it always used to be a herculean task for us to find a good, enticing Veg Restaurant. That’s how we once tried Mast Kalandar, in Gopalan Signature Mall, Old Madras Road, Bangalore. Then after, on Saturday’s if we plan to dine outside or order food at home, Mast Kalandar has been our first choice.
– Food taste is great. I always quote Mast Kalandar as an example to my wife that although the no. of items would be less, it clearly shows up that all of them are made with due care and interest. Except for couple of instances, when we didn’t like the Aloo curry, I really loved each and every item of them.
– Interesting, unconventional ambiance.
– Good packing for home delivery. They read the customer well and it’s quite easy to uncover the packed items and consume comfortably without worrying much about the clean up.
– Decent customer service. After I ordered first time through mobile, the next orders were cakewalk as they pro-actively store the customer details. So we need not give our address every time and guide the delivery person.
– Affordable pricing. It was around Rs 400 whenever we ordered for two people.
– Proximity. They’ve many outlets in the city and so you should be able to find one around your area. Delivery time is also good. They deliver with in the time they promise while taking the order.
Areas of improvement:
– Complex Menu should be simplified. A first timer would really get confused with the menu. Although the no. of items are limited, the way the menu is designed overwhelms the user. It takes a while to get used to their format.
– Keep up the good service and your biggest strength of preparing delicious items.