Right from the announcement of Bahubali movie, I’ve been following the updates and I’ve penned down the thoughts here on how much I liked the movie.
There are few things that I couldn’t understand in the movie. Would be glad if someone could clarify.
- Dance: Why there’s no dance in the beautiful melody:- ‘pachcha bottesina’ song and why there are modern steps in lifting Shiva’s idol scene.
- Bhallaladeva emotions: The character has been highlighted as equivalent to Duryodhana in Mahabharata. After showing him ferocious in the introduction with bull fight, why is he not very aggressive in the Gold Statue scene which results in Bahubali chant and also in the Kalakeya war despite having a wonderful chariot. Duryodhana wouldn’t react so calm if his Birthday is ruined and also if its showtime in the war. We were anticipating something on the lines of Senior NTR’s splendid Duryodhana’s role in DVS Karna.
- Kattappa’s confrontation scene with Sivudu:- Kattappa fights Sivudu, for long then why can’t he recognise Bahubali features instantly as many fighting shorts are at closeup. Should it be assumed as the result of night effect and old age of Kattappa.
- SS Rajamouli’s cameo: A minor doubt. SSR asks Bahubali if he has ‘Dabbu’. In those days it was referred as ‘paikam’. Dabbu is more of a modern word.
- Snow storm: To set doubts aside the film opens with the map of Mahishmati kingdom, kuntala rajyam and snow mountains on the lines of Himalayas. Yet I couldn’t understand how can there be snow mountains and storm when north and south parts of it are lush green.
- Tribals who brought up Sivudu: It was surprising to see that they are not at all aware of Mahishmati kingdom which is few miles away, although at a different altitude. In their life span and at least from their elders, they should have definitely heard of it.
- Kalakeya: Why there is no special introduction scene for Kalakeya. Usually in Rajamouli’s films villain is very strong and it was surprising to see that there’s no effective establishment scene to Kalakeya, except for his menacing look and new language.
- Short Sight – Long distance issue in the War:
1) When Bahubali gives the motivation speech, how can Kattappa who is at a long distance and holding responsibility of shielding the entry can hear his speech and react immediately. Should it be assumed as another chain reaction.
2) How can Sivagami, Bijjaladeva clearly view who’s fighting who and how they are tackling Kalakeya. It was mentioned that Kalakeya sends his army front and he stays back. So definitely there’s huge distance between Kalakeya’s position and Sivagami, Bijjaladeva.
- Rajamatha-Sivagami, maate saasanam:
1) She names the just born kid as ‘Bahubali’ then who added the prefix ‘Amarendra’ and how come his son name is ‘Mahendra Bahubali’ with ‘Bahubali’ as the surname. Is it because of the grand legacy of Bahubali.
- 2) As Rajamatha, she effectively handles the kingdom then why can’t she handle her husband first who seems to be the source of all issues.
- 3) Why doesn’t she scold Bhallaladeva, who breached her goal of getting Kalakeya alive.
Are these things going to be clarified in part 2 ? Check out What is NOT Clear in Part 2 of Bahubali