It always amazes me how many hours we keep standing in the line and waiting in the large halls in Q Complex around Vaikuntam in Tirumala…we realized that booking 300 Rupees ticket in Tirumala did not help much, so we ended up trying the online way. All I can tell you is that the experience is Amazing. We hardly stayed in the waiting halls, the line kept moving…the darshan was done in about 1 hour or so…I am quite happy with the experience as we can buy additional laddus online as well…so it was seamless. In this article, let me share the experience of booking TTD Darshan tickets online. Many call Tirumala as Tirupati…so, this guide will those people who are thinking about booking Tirupati Darshan tickets online as well
Documents Needed for Booking TTD Darshan Ticket Online
Before you book, you need to have the below documents and information at your disposal for seamless booking experience without any issues.
- Your digital Photo. You will have to upload this while booking. The primary person who is booking the darshan tickets online.
- Identify Proof Scan copy or details of Identity. At least one of the below are required.
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- You need the list of people who will go along with you and their full names with their identity proof document details. They can use any of the above listed options like PAN card, Aadhar Card, Passport or Voter ID.
- Payment option details like Netbanking, Credit Card or Debit Card details for payment.
The below guide is for Old Online System. TTD has new Website and Online System from 2016. Read New Guide to Book TTD Online Darshan Tickets
Step by Step Guide to Book Tirumla Darshan Tickets Online using TTD Website :
- Go to TTD Online Website
- Check for Availability at TTD Online Website on which day you want to book. You will see a big grid with green and reds. Green means available, red means not available… once you have that in mind, you can commence the booking process.
- Before you can book, you need to create an account for yourself. On the home page, you will see the login box. You need to select Signup option. See image show here.
- After you click on sign up option, you will have to register your account. You need to enter name, address and select ID proof that you plan to use. You will need to upload your photo here. The photo has to be small in size maximum of 1 MB allowed. You can use any online options to compress the photo. Make sure you enter a valid India mobile phone number as you will get notifications on this mobile.
- You will get email from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “TTD – User Account Activation ” asking you to activate the account. You need to activate it for booking tickets.
- After you activate, you can login from the home page using the email ID and password.
- Once you login, you will have to select e-entry darshan as shown below:
- Once you select that you will have option to select various options like the number of people coming with you and additional laddus if any. See the highlighted arrows below on what you can do. Once you select the date, it will show the available timeslots and the cost, with slots available. You need to click on the check box to select a slot and then hit Continue button for next steps.
- On the next page, you will need to enter the details of the other people coming along with you as piligrims. Here is where you will need the IDs of the people. You need to enter those details and see, if your details are correct. You need check the top to verify if the details are correct. See below how they look
- Once you enter the details, you will be asked to agree to terms and click on proceed to payment. This is where you have option to book using two of the services like Andhra Bank or ICICI bank. Either is fine. You do NOT need to have an account in either of these banks, they are just payment Gateways, do NOT be worried. I used a credit card once and then used net banking of HDFC.
- Once you hit pay, you will be redirected to the bank site with options. If you use Andhra bank payment gateway it looks like below. You can see all the options. Once you pay, and it is confirmed, you will see the confirmation. You need to print it out after the confirmation is done.
- Thats about it folks. You can print it or if you forget you will have to login again and go to booking history and print it. I suggest you take a PDF print and save it as it is safe. Thats what I do always and it works well.
Some Key things to remember
- An Individual person can book upto 6 tickets at at time.
- You can only book 60 days before the actual darshan. The slots will NOT open before 60 days, so you cannot plan much ahead of time.
- The page gives a time out error after every 10 min or 15 min, so be careful and enter details fast. It does not save the details of your fellow pilgrims.
- No cancellation or refund of tickets, once paid and printed, it is done !
What has been your experience folks ? Do share your experience. I had many challenges with this, so taking time to write a detailed post.